Friday, October 11, 2024

National Coming Out Day

 It's national coming out day.

I feel like I've done nothing but coming out this year. Other people can come out or reaffirm their coming out today. It's an ongoing process; I'm not done coming out, and I'll have more to say about it. But not right now. Happy coming out day to all who celebrate; for now, I'm tired and I've done far too much "coming out" and today I'm just going to think about what to fix for dinner for me and my amazing kid.

But I will say this to anyone who thinks it might be safe to come out but you're scared to do it: yes, it's terrifying. Yes, there are things and people and contexts you'll lose, and it will be heart-wrenching. But to be yourself and not hide who you are is one of the most amazing things ever. 

And I think the answer might be grilled cheese and tomato soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment